Friday, November 18, 2022

Confused about cardio

In my previous post, I talked about how I’m in a plateau despite being in a calorie deficit (yes counting everything even sauces, oils, and no bites and licks all in grams), weightlifting 4 times a week (not new so I don’t think it’s beginner gains or water retention), and doing cardio 6 days a week (20 mins on weightlifting days and an hour the other two days). Too much information but might be needed for your advice and judgement!

I know smartwatches suck with counting calories from exercise so I usually just use it as a baseline of what I at least want to burn in a day while in a calorie deficit.

My question is, am I doing too much cardio? The answers I’m getting on google aren’t clear. Some say too much cardio hinders weight loss some say it accelerates it. I’ve read that it might be counterproductive doing too much but how do I know I’m doing too much?

Generally speaking, I try to keep my heart rate around 145-160 while doing cardio (is that too much it too little?)

Eating from 1500-1750 calories a day. If I’m sedentary I should be losing at least 0.25kg in a week if all week 1750 and 0.5 if 1500.

I’m still somehow discouraged over this long plateau that I overate yesterday (trying not to feel guilty and go right back to my routine)

F 22, 79.6kg, 178cm

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I also at least walk 10k steps a day.

submitted by /u/SousvidedLasgna
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Er6j09o

No comments:

Post a Comment