Sunday, November 13, 2022

skipping lunches has really helped me.

I've tried IF before but usually you skip breakfast or dinner, so that the fast from sleeping lasts longer.

But I always found that if I skipped breakfast it had an immediate and noticeable impact on my work performance until lunch.

I can't skip dinner. I know self control is key but after I get home from a stressful day I just do not have the emotional energy to expend for that level of self control. Plus if I skip dinner I don't sleep well at all.

I have litterally never considered skipping lunch as a form of IF but I've been doing it the last week or so and my work performance doesn't suffer, my sleep doesn't suffer, I'm able to eat a little more when I am at my most vulnerable to overeating (dinner time) and I'm getting about 12 hours give or take of fasting inbetween each meal.

I don't know if I'm losing weight (histery of EDs, the weight loss benefits of checking in with the scale are outnumbered by the dangers of falling back into disordered eating) but my bloat has gone down a bit and I feel like im eating more healthy overall.

Oh and I posted here about struggling with snacking while cooking. For anyone else who struggles with that, I've started making dinner with a mask on lmao. It won't stop me if I'm really determined! but it really really cuts down on the mindless adhd-type eat as you cook snacking.

submitted by /u/throwawaytimefrfr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/w1S9bmt

No comments:

Post a Comment