Thursday, November 17, 2022

Lost more than half my body weight, have a ton of loose skin and not sure what to do from here

As the title states, my current weight is less than half my high weight. My BMI has been teetering a bit above and a few times accidentally below 18.5, after not weighing myself for awhile. (When it drops below 18.5 I have 2,500ish calorie days until I hit about a BMI of around 19.5.) I want to look better and I do not want to be underweight.

I'm at a really weird-to-me part of my weight loss/fitness journey. Life has changed a lot in all aspects. I never thought I'd reach this weight and never really considered what I'd do. It's weird as someone who had troubles with binge eating and compulsive overeating to consider that I need to eat more. And no, I'm not afraid to. I'm sincerely puzzled as to how to live maintenance. I understand the CICO part, but not the lifestyle part.

I look great in clothes, but nude I look awful from the hips down. I was able to get my chest done but it will probably be several years until I can afford to get anything else. And thankfully, while standing up my stomach looks relatively normal. I know I should lift weights and try to fill some of it out, but I can't see how that will make a difference considering how extreme the loose skin is. I can pull it several inches off my stomach (but at least it springs back there), butt, and thighs. I can grab my lower hips and pull up my lower body like a pair of loose jeans.

I was also extremely fortunate enough to move to a place that's a sort of outdoor paradise. I moved from an urban area where I'd have to take a couple days off work, drive several hours, camp or rent a hotel just to go on a hike. Currently hiking trails are about a four minute walk from my house. Rivers about a 15 minute drive, lakes 20 minute drive, mountains and beaches about an hour drive. This is how I accidentally became underweight, exploring the new areas, being active, and forgetting to eat - didn't even occur to me I'd have to eat more. I realize these are very privileged problems to have, but they're problems nonetheless.

I don't know how 'normal healthy fit people' eat. I have all sorts of specialty foods that I genuinely enjoy and can continue to afford, but it's definitely not normal to live off various protein supplements.

I don't know how to get myself motivated to intentionally work out again (exploring not included in this) as I know there's not much that can be done for my appearance short of surgery.

For a few months now I've been feeling absolutely stuck.

I've been enjoying reading books on health, nutrition, and fitness. The most recent book I finished was Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, which I highly recommend. It absolutely helped with my understanding of what I should be eating, but I really need additional guidance.

Not sure what I'm looking for from posting this. Any advice is appreciated.

submitted by /u/YuleWitch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FibNKGu

No comments:

Post a Comment