Monday, November 21, 2022

Starting again for the first time

A bit of a rambling post. I realized I've never really dieted. I feel like I've been on autopilot. I tend to live in my head alot, so I'd say I've been practicing body neutrality before it was a thing. Most of my family are big, my mom and aunts have always been about sizes 10-18, with one aunt much larger. My cousins vary in sizes, but all the women are extremely curvy, even at a petite size 2-4. All that said, I never desired to be thin. At my smallest I was a 8-10, with little effort. I lived alone, worked a lot, walked everywhere, and was always doing something( I was 23, and having the time of my life). I meet my partner, had a kid and my life totally changed. I hit 200lbs, and gained +47lbs battling ppd. I slowly lost over 10 years, but I fell back into depression during the pandemic. Today I weight 213(my pre- 2020 weight) I have finally decided to actively pursue weight loss. A YT video about a woman's weight loss journey really clicked something in me. Weightloss is supposed to be finite. And I had never thought of it like that. I've been fine losing a few lbs a month, slow and steady. But getting older, and seeing my family suffer weight related illnesses has made me want to get healthy. So I'm excited to really give it my all for the first time.

submitted by /u/thatblerd03
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qPykIcj

No comments:

Post a Comment