Friday, November 25, 2022

Under 180lbs for the first time since I was 17

I (20F, 5'4") been slowly losing weight for about a year and a half now. I've been overweight/obese since I was a kid; the lowest I got since I stopped growing was 155 lbs when I was 14. My highest was 220 lbs, and I've been stuck in the 180-190 lbs range since before this semester started, so since around the beginning of August. School stress, home life, and a medical condition have made it super difficult to stay on track. So just for funsies - as I haven't been actively trying to lose weight for a bit now - I stepped on the scale.

179.4 lbs.

Looking back at my log, the last time I was below 180 lbs was the beginning of 2019. I haven't been this proud of myself in so long. I never really noticed a difference because my clothes fit pretty much the same (minus bras, I had to go down a cup size and a band size over the summer), and I don't take a lot of pictures of myself, but now I'm looking in the mirror and noticing some things, which is super cool!

What's been working for me: Honestly, I don't think about losing weight very often. I just try to eat pretty healthily, only eat when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm full. It's not always easy, but I've found not eating in the morning definitely helps. Every once in a while I'll track what I'm eating just to see where I'm at. Weight loss became so much easier when I stopped obsessing over it!

So yeah. I'm 40 lbs down now. 30 more to go to reach my first goal, 150 lbs. If I lose 3.5 pounds more (146.5 lbs), I'd have lost a third of my original weight. How crazy is that?

It's taken my whole life, but being a healthy weight again finally feels attainable.

submitted by /u/12Lyster12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/O1wG2e6

No comments:

Post a Comment