Friday, November 25, 2022

discouraged weight loss journey + spousal body shaming

i’ve been working out so much (1 hour a day, 5 days a week at 5:30am) and eating so healthy postpartum for 3 months only to lose 10 pounds.

i’m trying to see a hormone special before the holidays because i think it may be related to why i’ve been so slow to lose weight.

i feel so bad about myself and hate how i look from every angle. today i was sitting slumped on the coach, just resting the day after thanksgiving and my spouse randomly reached out and pushed the fat under my chin deep in my neck as if he was examining me. he said absolutely nothing but it was obvious he was seeing what i looked like without chin fat.

he didn’t have to say any words for me to feel extremely uncomfortable and also really hurt and ashamed of my body.

it’s messed up because I gained almost 70 pounds during my pregnancy and i’m only a few months postpartum. i thought he would be more understanding. honestly no one has made me feel uglier than my husband did during my pregnancy and now postpartum but that’s a story for another day.

it just really sucks for your whole body to change, to struggle to bring your normal body “back”, and for my spouse to constantly make me feel really ugly.

i didn’t even know what to say to him. i think i said something like why are you doing that and his response was “what, i’m you’re partner?”

like wtf? it felt a lot like body shaming and then gaslighting.

i’m so tired of feeling ugly and feeling like my spouse thinks i’m ugly. i looked into “elite body sculpture” mommy makeover and it’s so expensive.

i wish there was just a magic pill to take all the fat out of your body.

anyways i am just venting out but if anyone has tips about how to lose weight fast please lmk :(

submitted by /u/Whole-Map4872
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/apXHhLf

No comments:

Post a Comment