Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Do I need the scale?

I'm 21, 5'3", and last I checked (so this is around three months ago) I was around 180 pounds. I've struggled all my life to lose weight, but have also struggled with obsessive and borderline disordered habits with counting calories and weighing myself, which have been exacerbated by anxiety and body dysmorphia. (Three years ago I was 150 pounds, obsessed with my diet and just all around dysfunctional.) About three months ago I threw out my scale as I just couldn't ever seem to use it without triggering some overwhelmingly negative emotions.

I want to try losing weight again, I walk around 7K steps every day, I go to the gym at least once per week (it's not much, but it's a start), and have recently begun keeping a food diary, but I feel like I should be doing more to keep track of things. From what I can tell, measurements are a huge part of the process, but I'm really afraid of relapsing into some bad habits if I start paying attention to the numbers. That is to say, how essential are scales in weight loss?

submitted by /u/saltedchinesefood
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/w2Pecua

No comments:

Post a Comment