Friday, November 25, 2022

Graph of daily weight loss of 30 lbs over 5 months

When I wanted to lose weight, I've decided to weight myself everyday and write down the number so I can plot it to visualize how my bodyweight fluctuates under a calorie deficit. You can find it here:

https://imgur.com/a/BJq6h2W

The spikes in the data indicate a cheat meal of some sort, and there are certain days I didn't log my weight since I was on vacation and I didn't strictly adhere to my diet (I had a lots of beer, but I ate salads otherwise). You can see that occasional cheat meals only have temporary weight gain due to water.

You can also see the slope starts off steep and over time starts to flatten out, indicating I'm losing weight at a much slower pace. If it slows down more than what's shown towards the end of the graph, I might have to switch from intermittent fasting to a stricter calories in, calories out approach.

Finally, you can see the plateaus and you can get an idea of how long they last. These are frustrating, especially the one starting at day 120.

I hope this gives some people some feel for what to expect regarding daily weight fluctuations and plateaus. I found this exercise very informative. I'll probably post again when I hit my goal weight of 165 lbs.

submitted by /u/bw_raymond24
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ysftTn3

No comments:

Post a Comment