Friday, November 11, 2022

NSV:trying to lose COVID 100

Cross post from intermittent fasting forum

So today is my third day of IF 16/8 (again). I plan to do longer fasts but for now that's where I'm at. I am 33 year old, female, 5'8 and gained 110 ish lbs. I went 150/55 to 260 since Covid hit. I would like to lose 110 lbs.

I never needed to workout nor had to really watch what I ate until I gained all this weight so I apologized for my ignorance in my post.

I been going to the gym for about 10 weeks: 5 days a week for 2 hours combo mostly lifting and some cardio. I shift between the same 3 lbs ⬆️ and ⬇️, but have lost noticable inches. I recently took measurements a couple days ago, but have nothing to compare them to yet but clothes fit better and my face is leaning out.

I LOVE lifting and functional, but not so much cardio like running and jumping because of an ankle injury I sustained when I was 20 that left me with foot drop, but I still get about average 8k steps in a day and about 90 minute of archer, bike, treadmill or elliptical in a week.

I didn't have much success in the past with IF. I think because I ate way too much during my eating window since I had developed an emotional eating problem during the pandemic.

I know diet is most important with weight loss. Exercise is mostly for strengthening/toning and minor calorie burn.

I believe I'm finally able to work myself into a consistent IF schedule and work myself up to longer fasts because my commitment in the gym has really impressed and inspired me.

The exercise has helped my mental health a lot. I kind of replaced eating with the gym and my EXCESSIVE food consumption has naturally decreased by more than half about a month ago. My food obsession is barely there which I'm also inspired by! Love it. Because I couldn't stop eating! It's been such a source of joy going to the gym that I almost didn't realize I wasn't losing actual weight!

I just recently started again with MyFitnessPal (I hate counting since I make most of my food from scratch and it's a lot of ingredients to keep adding) but noticed I naturally feel okay to stop eating around 1600/1800 kcal to start my 16 hour fast which I completed fairly easy tbh. I plan to increase in baby steps.

I have a few questions though:

Is there is a calorie range I should stay in? A lot of material I read about IF online says no. But that logically doesn't make sense to me. I call BS. Is 1800 kcal too much?

I am also considered "extremely obese" with a BMI of 39 so all this work I've been doing I feel should have lead to a bit of weight loss already and hasn't (I think idk). Is that not correct to expect?

Last, how long does it typically take to start seeing results from fasting? A lot of things I read people are combining it with keto and I'm trying to do baby steps to keep my commitment steady and not overwhelming and am definitely not ready for that keto step.

Have a great night!

submitted by /u/zenstocker
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CozPIpJ

No comments:

Post a Comment