Saturday, November 26, 2022

My parents confronted me about my weight gain but I already started my health journey a month ago. Even when I AM trying to be healthier, they judged me because I’m still fat.

Disclaimer: I’m not one of those people that have a non-repairable or toxic relationship with my parents. Just came to vent tbh.

I (F, 25, 5’4”) am started off at 289 lbs. have a goal of losing 115 lbs. i lost 30 lbs, then I got stagnant/became lazy and I gained 25 lbs back…ugh! So now, i’m trying make myself more disciplined and have more control over my schedule. So as of late, I got myself back together and from Nov 1st to now, I lost 7 lbs! I am now 282 lbs. I’ve been keeping my health journey to myself though. I haven’t told anyone, not even my parents.

So, earlier last week my mom confronted me that she’s concerned because I picked up some weight after I was pretty consistent with my weight loss before. She talked about how she is genuinely concerned for my health. We sat down and talked about it. She offered lots of options, such as paying for personal training and other things. I declined because I informed her that I have my own workout regimen and I’ve lost 7 pounds so far, and I don’t need a personal trainer.

Then, a day after I saw my dad on thanksgiving, he called me to ask if I could come over his place so we could have an “important conversation”. He then. I came over, and then we had a long conversation, and he also explained to me about how he’s concerned about my health as well because of my weight gain (don’t worry, he did it with a lot of tact and grace. His approach was really respectful). He also offered to start working out with me and offered me a gym membership as well so we can go to the gym together. Once again, I told him no, because I informed him that I have my own workout regimen and how I’ve lost 7 pounds so far. Also, i explained how I have a treadmill and weights in my house. And my job came with a gym membership so sometimes I already workout after work, if I didn’t already workout in the morning.

I totally understand my parents concern. I mean at the end of the day, if you clearly see that your child is unhealthy, then of course you’re going to be concerned and do everything you can to try to see if you can rectify the situation before it spirals into worse health issues.

But still, it just kind of sucks. Because I am being more healthy and I am losing weight, and I’ve been doing that for about a month now. It’s just that the weight that I have lost isn’t noticeable so far because it’s only 7 pounds. But still, despite all of my hard work and efforts from November 1st up until today, I’m still getting bombarded by my parents about how much weight I’ve gained. Despite the fact that I restarted my health journey on November 1, I’m still getting called out by them for how much weight I’m getting. After I told him that I already started my health journey again, and I lost 7 pounds, they responded with all positive feedback, and we’re saying things like “great! That’s so awesome! I’m so proud of you! Keep it up!”. And that’s all totally great and I’m really happy that they encourage me and support my journey.

But still. It sucks that they think that I’m not being healthy, just because I’m still fat overall, and my weight loss isn’t noticeable yet. Like that really hurt.

Just wanted to vent.

submitted by /u/aa_diorr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/s2Lb1R6

No comments:

Post a Comment