Saturday, November 26, 2022

So close to the finish line!

I’m 31F and 5’ 10”.

I started my weight loss journey in 2019. I weighed in at over 320 pounds and was miserable. After being overweight my whole life, I knew I needed to make a change. Through diet and low intensity exercise, I was able to lose about 140 pounds over 2 years. It was mostly CICO and low sodium, low sugar, low dairy, low carb (low fun ha!). I needed to transfer my emotional eating to something else, and some days I still really struggle with that.

I was able to get down to 175 pounds in April of this year through more diet and exercise. My ultimate goal is 173 pounds. My dream is to be a “healthy” BMI even if that’s not necessarily the perfect weight for my body. Still working through that.

After getting to 175, I gained weight due to an unhealthy relationship and went back up to 196. I have been able to use Heather Robertson’s programs along with cutting calories to make it back down to 186-188.

I am SO close to my goal weight, but it’s hard to not get discouraged when the weight doesn’t fall right off like it did when I first started my weight loss journey. What keeps you motivated so close to the finish line? If you are like me and struggle with being hyperfocused on a perhaps unattainable weight (my body loves being at 182 and not going lower) what have you been able to do to break that thought process?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

submitted by /u/delightfulmuse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QrMcAvq

No comments:

Post a Comment