Thursday, November 24, 2022

Nearing 100 Lbs lost

So I've never really posted anywhere on Reddit before, but I've been a lurker of this sub for a long time. I found this place a little bit after my weight loss journey started and come back all the time to stay motivated. At the start of last April, I weighed 257 lbs the heaviest I ever recorded myself. I ended up finally getting braces and for the week I barely ate because my mouth hurt so bad. I ended up saying "what the hell" and hopped on the scale to see what effect it had, and I ended up being 248 lbs. I realized this wasn't that hard and that I could really lose weight for the first time in a long time. Honestly, I didn't accomplish my weight loss the "healthy" way. I starved myself and religiously watched the scale. For the first 3 months of my journey, I maintained a 1000 < calorie intake, don't get me wrong it worked and those numbers fell off crazy fast. Not too long after I hit that 3-month mark I was down close to 60lbs, but I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be. I realized all the starvation was making it impossible to actually enjoy my accomplishment. Eventually, I decided to ease back into a "normal" calorie-deficit diet and it was really nice. The difference between sub-1000 calories a day and 1500 - 1800 is astounding, I felt better instantly! I was doing really really fucking good, I had made it all the way down to 175 lbs only a couple of pounds away from a "healthy" BMI. Then I met someone, and it was amazing. For the first time, I had the confidence to pursue a relationship with this person and it somehow worked. It was unfortunately there when I got distracted from my goals, I was so focused on her and the relationship that weight loss became a side thing. I didn't gain it all back but rather maintained between 185 - 200 lbs. Skip to today a little over a year since I was at my best weight at the time 175 lbs. I realized that I wanted to get back into it at the start of October and have been busting balls to get back to where I was a year ago. I hopped on the scale today and it was 169 lbs. This was after eating and drinking and enjoying myself. I'm so close to that glorious 100 and I'm going to get it! If you ended up reading all thank you for taking the time and good luck on your guys' journey!

submitted by /u/Confident_Damage3296
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/XAGsJae

No comments:

Post a Comment