Sunday, November 27, 2022

Struggling to get back into healthy habits after gaining some weight back

I (26 f) started a weight loss journey almost 3 years ago and for the first time I was successful. I was 290 at the start of it and the lowest I got was to 204, I’m pretty tall so it was a very noticeable change and I lost all the weight in less than a year. I was very, VERY determined and about 10 months in I was very set in my routine. I started with low carb but after I hit 230 and couldn’t drop any more I started calorie counting and that helped me immensely.

At the start I was working only one part time job (4 days a week, 32 hours) I would make a small breakfast, bring a lunch from home, fruit or veggies for snacks, then go home and later on eat my dinner and be done for the night. The days I worked I would get up early and go to the gym for an hour or so (I only did cardio) and the days I didn’t work I would go the night before just very late. I was very good at eating a wide variety of foods that were good choices, lots of fruits and veggies, not drinking calories, fueling my body instead of feeding cravings. For a very long time I didn’t eat fast foods and I was able to either say no to cravings or wasn’t having any cravings at all.

The problems started about a year into my weight loss. I was very self conscious before, never dated, was still a virgin, very socially anxious and shy. I slowly gained confidence and over time i slowly relaxed with my habits. I would eat good mostly, but treat my selfie occasionally, I stopped going to the gym as much, then soon stopped going at all. My weight went back up to about 210-215 and I would stay consistently in that range for another year and a half, in that time I put my dieting and weight loss on the back burner so to speak, I was focusing a lot on dating and my outer appearance, traveling, having fun for the first time and experiencing life as someone who wasn’t terribly insecure about everything. I live alone and the part time job wasn’t enough to pay the bills so I got another part time job, this past summer my main job offered me full time and I took it but still kept my part time job, both of which I’m still currently doing.

Due to the amount of hours I work I have been eating a lot of fast foods, and I have been overeating a lot as well, for context, I work from 7 am to 9pm Monday- Thursday, 7-3 Friday, and 3 am-3pm on saturdays. It’s easier to grab food 2-3 times a day than to cook it or meal prep 6 days in advance. My weight is now at 230 again which is the highest it’s been in over 2 years, I notice I’m a bored eater/emotional eater sometimes as well which helps nothing. My goal when I started was 180, though I think I’d be fine if I only hit 190 considering my height and body type.

This has turned into a bit of a jumbled rant but I think a bit of backstory and context is important, when I was losing weight the first time I was so dedicated to it that I never even considered eating over my daily calories (I stuck to about 1800 at the time) and I had a lot of control over my eating and cravings and portion control. I’ve sort of spiraled and at the current moment I’ve been struggling hard to get back into that mode of having control and forcing myself to stay consistent. Since it’s thanksgiving this week I have a few days off both jobs and I think I’m going to use this time to jump back in. I haven’t actually gone grocery shopping to make consistent meals in months, but I did today. I find that I have an easier time sticking to eating healthy when I eat the same thing every day for each meal (sometimes I would have 2-3 options I could choose from so I didn’t get disgusted with the foods I would make) I’ve decided I’m going to start tomorrow eating healthy again, but I’m scared that my mindset will be easy to go against and I’ll get fast food or just keep overeating. How do you get back into a good & consistent mindset?

submitted by /u/wiemannimo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/87SOcut

No comments:

Post a Comment