Sunday, November 13, 2022

No one ever told me….

That gaining muscle and losing weight are two separate things.

All this time I’ve been trying to diet and do cardio, when I have little muscle and a low metabolism. I’ll have success for a bit then slowly gain it back. I lost 15 pounds this year but am back up 3 in the last month. (Damn Takis)

With this knowledge I feel reinvigorated to focus on my health. I plan to do strength training 3 times a week with my normal cardio (I walk with my dog approx 5 hrs a week.) I want to focus on eating really nourishing foods. Mostly planted based meals with lots of veggies, lentils and rice. But not calorie counting. At least not for more than a few days at a time to check myself.

I have just started, so we will see how it goes. Has anyone ever had luck with eventually losing weight when they switched their focus from weight loss to strength building? From starvation to (healthy) abundance?

With more muscle I should have more energy and burn more fat passively, so I figure in time, weight loss will be more achievable and hopefully I will enjoy the process and progress more than the way I’ve always tried.

Also if you have any tips you were shocked to learn, I’d love to hear them as well.

submitted by /u/arckyart
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/urs8Vo9

No comments:

Post a Comment