Friday, November 18, 2022

Weight loss slowing down - thoughts?

I've lost a bit over 38 pounds since starting this journey in June. Up until September, the pace of my weight loss was pretty steady, I was losing about 6.6 pounds/month, on 1700 calories at first (then 1600 since October, that's when I started counting with the lose it app), working out twice a week (cardio + weight lifting) and allowing myself one cheat day/week, when I still stay under 2500, 2200 being my maintenance calories.

For the first time since then I've been at the same weight for a month, (with fluctuations, I have gone down 4 pounds then went back up). This is also the first month where I started adding protein powder into my diet, bumping up my daily protein intake from 50g to about 80g, 110 on the days I workout. I do track calories and make the protein powder fit into my daily budget.

I know weight loss tends to slow down when a person is approaching their ideal weight, but my BMI is still at 32 and I am only about a third of the way there.

Should I do an extra day at the gym? Cut out my cheat day? I could cut down my calorie intake, but I honestly feel comfortable with 1600 - and I also find it quite sustainable for me overall. Has anyone else that's experienced plateaus at the beginning stages of their journey and has any insight?

submitted by /u/mia_sparrow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tLKxZ9i

No comments:

Post a Comment