Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Down 30lbs (an intuitive eating post)

Today I weighed myself and realized I was at my prequarantine weight! I lost my best friend to a drug overdose in July of 2020 and so I gained quiet a bit of weight in the last two years. I’ve been going to the gym about 4 times a week and doing intuitive eating (I have a severe case of Binge Eating disorder so this is what has worked for me.) I do track my food but I only do it to track my protein and fiber intake. I usually get around 2000-2200 calories a day and I have 1 hour long training sessions. There are so many restrictive posts I see on here so I wanted to let someone out there know- you can focus on recovery without an insanely restrictive diet. My cupboards have the treats I like, I have access to my trigger foods and I have given myself permission to buy them again when I run out. This concept was completely foreign to me two months ago as I thought I needed to “get it out of the house by tonight so I can start my diet tommorow.” These trigger foods are no longer “sacred” to me though and are just building blocks to a meal. I’ve focused on what I can add in instead of what I can take out. I also have adhd so there are seven or eight meals I know will always be accessible even on lower functioning days. I’ve never stayed on a weight loss routine for more than a week- so if you’re out there and looking hard for something- I hope you know it’s possible to find food freedom and reach your goals.

submitted by /u/stephanieastronaut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Tg5S4LF

No comments:

Post a Comment