Thursday, November 17, 2022

Italian restaurant date on a diet

Hey everyone! 25F here, 5’9” SW: 250 CW: 242 GW: TBD

I’ve been working for the past few weeks on my weight and what I eat, with a focus this time on slow, sustainable weight loss and emphasizing a holistic approach to bettering my life - focusing on weight, food, calorie counting, and movement but also on mental health, social connections, fun life experiences, and so on. I’ve had really unhealthy and dangerous weight loss and weight gain situations in the past, and this current approach is working well for me. I have been limiting my personal restaurant eating by pretty much cutting out takeout (used to order several times a week) except for one Taco Bell run which I made another post about. However, I have been to restaurants a few times for work and social events and have focused on enjoying smaller portions of things I love, loading up on veggies, and tracking an estimated calorie count even if I knew it wasn’t perfect. This has been working well as I’ve continued to lose weight and haven’t been isolating myself away from meals with family, friends, and dates, and from important work events, like I have in previous weight loss attempts.

However, I’m not quite sure how to handle a nice Italian restaurant. A guy I’ve seen a few times wants to go to one tomorrow night. I feel pretty hesitant because Italian food seems to be a difficult cuisine to work into a calorie deficit. This restaurant doesn’t have a lot of salads or lighter options. I don’t want to be difficult and hurt his feelings by refusing to go, and I’m also not really interested in discussing with him that I am working on losing weight - I’ve only seen him a couple times. Anyone have thoughts on how to handle this??? We’re planning to hang out after to watch a movie so its also not like I can just not eat much and box up my food, because I don’t want my stomach grumbling all evening while I’m with him either. Thoughts on what you would order?

I’m not against eating somewhat above my deficit limit for one night but I want to avoid having a 2000 calorie dinner, you know?

submitted by /u/username304211
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cfwIt2u

No comments:

Post a Comment