Monday, November 14, 2022

Did weight loss help your hip bursitis? I'm at my wits' end!

I think my doctors are scared to tell me to just lose weight. I gained a ton of weight during the pandemic (and I was already heavy to begin with, now I'm at my highest weight ever and miserable). That would be 265 lbs to be exact. I am so ashamed I let myself get to this point. Steroid shots, physical therapy, and dry needling have only mildly improved my hip bursitis symptoms in the last year (and all that means is I'm not having to get up 2-3x/night to have to walk around due to nerve pain). I can also sleep on my back some of the night now (I used to be a back sleeper). That's all the improvement I've received.

I'm 35 but feel 80 with hip bursitis and stiff hip flexors... I can't get more than 8k steps/day or everything flares up and then I can hardly move for 3-4 days. It feels like I take one step forward and two steps back. I've had an MRI and pelvic/hip x-rays done recently... Everything came back normal. I never knew something as minor as hip bursitis could f\ck me up so badly!* Before the pandemic I weighed 230 (I'm 5'8) and could still be pretty active (10k-12k steps/day); I was looking forward to being more active so I could lose weight (along with diet, of course), but now I physically can't and it's killing me.

Sorry to whine. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced hip bursitis/stiff hip flexors that limited their mobility, and if they found some relief once they lost weight?

TL/DR: Have you experienced hip bursitis/stiff hip flexors that limited your mobility, and did you find some relief once you lost the weight?

submitted by /u/dogmom34
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OLXycl0

No comments:

Post a Comment