Thursday, November 24, 2022

Ive lost 54lbs but have been on a plateau for 5 weeks

So im a 6ft1 male the weights 244lbs I have a significant amount of muscle, but still want to lose another 20-30lbs. I work out (lift weights 5 times a week) and try and do at least 30mins of low intensity cardio 3 times a week. Im eating 2100 calories a day with a macro split of 254g protein, 120g carbs, and around 70g of fat.

When I started dieting I weight 294lbs so I've lost a decent amount with the same diet I'm on now same macros and everything however the last 5 weeks I haven't lost any weight at all it. My weight fluctuates from 241-244 but I can't seem to get under 241lbs my goal weight is 210-220 with around 15-20% bf. I think I've hit a plateau.

I religiously count my calories and track everything I eat with my fitness pal I weight out all my food as well. I was wondering if I should drop my calories more because my body has adjusted to me eating 2100 calories, however I'm worried that if I drop them more I'm going to lose muscle mass. Which is something I don't really want all my lifts are good and haven't dropped significantly since I started dieting in April of 2022.

I was wondering if anyone on here has had the same experience of plateauing like this and if so what should I do to continue my weight loss journey. My only choices rn are to increase cardio or drop my calories. My guess is my body is used to the amount I'm eating now and my metabolism has regulated because ive been dieting to long. Anything helps.

Ps: this community is awesome and is filled with great info!

submitted by /u/kahuna2100
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lAhUNW

No comments:

Post a Comment