Friday, November 11, 2022

Taco Bell for 570 calories?

Today was one of those days where I’ve just been struggling to cook and eat and it’s a Friday and I was just craving something greasy. I had to run some errands and there’s a Taco Bell right near the stores I was at. Cravings were kicking in hard. But before I pulled into the line I looked up the Taco Bell nutritional guide

Turns out a Doritos Locos Taco Supreme is only 190 cal, 570 for 3. It’s certainly not “healthy”, it has lots of sodium, more fat and carbs than protein, and isn’t a large volume of food. Very little vegetable. But for a fast food fix when you’re craving really bad or can’t find the energy to cook? Not that bad, a similar amount of calories than a normal dinner I have (honestly less calories than a lot of my dinners, I prefer a smaller lunch/breakfast and larger dinner), and I’m still feeling full 4 hours later.

I had them with no sides and no pop, just my water bottle. Tried to really eat them slow and savor them. Again, I understand that its not a healthy, ideal meal for weight loss (I just know someone is gonna comment something snarky), but it feels good to know I can go to a fast food restaurant, eat a reasonable portion for a reasonable number of calories, and enjoy it and feel satisfied. Just sharing in case anyone else needs something like this!

submitted by /u/username304211
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HnpOkbQ

No comments:

Post a Comment