Friday, November 11, 2022

Am I losing weight too fast? Is my hair shedding because of it?

Hi, so I've been on a weight loss journey this year and while many would assume I'm very proud of it, and in parts I am, part of the self esteem gained from that is lost with the amount of hair I've shedded and how bad I feel about it.

I've been at 157 kg (346 lbs) on April 27th, when I started recording my weight. I started dieting a bit earlier than that tho, so probably around 165 kg (~365 lbs). It's now been 200 days and I've just recorded 125.9, 126.4 and 127.3 kg this past 3 days (~280 lbs).

That's around 30kg (65) lbs in 200 days, which would eccuate roughly to 1155 kcal lost per day.

Now, I tried to basically eat around 2300 calories, but I've actually started to struggle to even hit that now, my appetite has been reduced drastically by intermittent fasting.

I have also started, around 2 months ago, to take a multivitamin, which has most of the things I need ( including for hair, such as biotin, iron, zinc, vit. D)

I have also had a blood test done last month, and all my hormones were in their expected range, which were not before I started dieting, so that's good. Also fixed my liver enzymes, insuline and blood sugar were fine, thiroyd was fine.

I also feel great. So it doesn't look like it's neceserilly affecting me in a negative way.

But is it possible that my hair shedding is caused by this? My hair has thinned out considerably, I have recently gotten a hair catcher for my shower and on the best days I count around 50 hairs in the shower, with days up to 110-120 hairs.

Can this be caused by the diet, even though I supplement and my health has actually greatly improved? Or is it simply because of increased testosterone and DHT?

And yes, I will speak to a doctor about it, just looking for more opinions.

submitted by /u/ThrowAwayBadHairDay1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7YzV3LR

No comments:

Post a Comment