Friday, November 11, 2022

How many lbs/week should I aim to lose without being unsafe

I'm a 29 year old transgender man, 5'10", 261 lbs, 37.9 BMI, 51% muscle mass. I was recently encouraged by my cardiologist and PCP to lose weight, and I've decided I'd like to lose 40 lbs. Because of unsafe weight loss that I did to myself when I was a teen, I'm sensitive to counting calories. That said, I know I need this weight loss to remain healthy and live a long, good life.

I'm curious - how much weight do you think I should aim to lose per week (or if there's a better measurement, I don't know) without doing damage to my body? I weight lift 1x/week and am walking on a treadmill for 60 min 4x/week, and have been doing this for 2 weeks. So far, I've lost 11 lbs. I want to keep it up but I also want to be realistic about my weight loss so I don't burn out too quickly.

TLDR; how much weight should I aim to lose per week to quickly but safely lose 40 lbs?

submitted by /u/stevienicksisagemini
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/k7zpZxw

No comments:

Post a Comment