Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Elevated cholesterol - feeling disappointed in myself and ready to make a change!

Hi! This is my first post here. Does anyone have any success stories of decreasing their cholesterol along with weight loss and dietary changes? I’m feeling pretty down at the moment and could use some encouragement.

I am 32F, 5’2 140 lbs. I recently received my blood work results and for the first time in my life, I have elevated cholesterol (LDL 142).

The news was absolutely crushing for me. I have always been someone who has prided myself on being fit and active, but as I’ve gotten older, I have slipped into poor dietary and lifestyle choices, consuming a lot of animal products (butter, eggs, milk, cheese) and not working out as often as I should be (1-2 times a week). It’s hard to look in the mirror and realize that the only person I have to blame is myself.

Starting today, I have made a concerted effort to think critically about both of these aspects of my life. Cardiovascular issues run in my family and one of my parents has had a heart attack and multiple strokes. I know that some of these things are genetic, but in the case of both of my parents, they are largely sedentary and have made poor dietary choices throughout their lives. I don’t want to end up with the same health problems down the road.

I have given up baking my usual buttery treats and made black bean brownies instead. I think I will also try to cut out animal products as much as possible. My husband and I are mostly veg but have relied heavily on cheese in our recipes for some time now.

submitted by /u/missprincesscarolyn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/oKQ8uzT

No comments:

Post a Comment