Saturday, November 12, 2022

Please bare with me 🤪.

My wife complements me a lot, and her opinion is important. She means everything to me and we were meant to be together.

Someone asked me one day if I was afraid of dying. I said no. What I’m afraid of is never seeing my wife again , when I do die. That’s what scares me. What if all I have is this time with her?

Anyway…..

My company has several times wanted to give me prestigious awards in front of others.

They have called me a rock star ( which I hate) because I produce and because I bring our people together.

I get to mentor others and travel to colleges to speak with students.

Compliments are not why I do what I do. I do things because I care about my fellow colleagues success.

They work hard so I need to work hard.

They have families to feed , bills to pay and they have the daily grind.

It’s my responsibility to bring stability , bring in revenue and to push myself, that way their families are secure.

I’m blessed that I’m allowed to not only be a team player , but to be a Team Builder.

They call me a cheerleader, because I see the positive in everyone.

But….

What I had forgotten, is that I started not taking care of myself.

I made myself secondary, I put my health and mental well being behind me.

My doctor visits became more frequent, the daily pills I took became so much that I went from 2 to 7.

What I forgot or had to learn is that a better me , means a better husband , a better father , a better friend and coworker and a better employee.

When I realized this I decided to apply my work ethic to my weight, life choices , diet and exercise.

I am in the gym 7 days a week , and I work hard.

The other night there was a large industry function.

The amount of people who did a double take and who were shocked , surprised me.

Their compliments on this weight loss and my changes meant more to me than any award that would sit on a shelf.

Their compliments were from their hearts .

Not on behalf of a company, but something they gave me out of truth, honesty and caring.

I have been on cloud 9.

I didn’t realize I needed to hear these things.

Where I’m going , with this diatribe of boredom , is to say:

Compliments others when you see they are working hard, losing weight and making great choices.

Let them know that you see it.

I’m a confident person , but was blessed to have incredible people who taught me to be confident without being arrogant or conceited.

Even the most confident person needs to hear they are doing great.

Even if they don’t know it.

submitted by /u/Michblanch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NHcMkOZ

No comments:

Post a Comment