Saturday, November 12, 2022

my unspoken truth about being thin

I just wanted to share my thoughts about weight loss and the cons that came with me being thin. I don't want to scare anyone or make it seem like losing weight is bad, but I'm struggling right now to lose weight due to my subconscious mind and I really needed to express myself.

I'm currently overweight, leading to obese territory, my doctor has said I need to lose weight as it's starting to affect my body and health.

I didn't used to be overweight, in fact I was thin, fit and considered pretty good looking. With that came certain cons.

Firstly, no one took me seriously, I was always the "pretty face" with no brains. I'm not a rocket scientist but I am educated and I do apply myself the best way I can, especially with the work I do.

Secondly, the harassment. This is a big issue in which I don't want to lose my weight. The unwanted attention I would get from men were just horrid. I would get hit on not to mention the sexual comments in front of my daughters and have men staring at me in front of my husband (he is jealous enough already, adding men looking was a constant relationship stressor).

Thirdly, the expectations to see me fail. I suppose this ties in with my first point, but the amount of times I have tried to get ahead and have had people think I was sleeping my way up.

Fourthly, people judging my decisions and trying to purposely find faults in me, and their not shy to let me know either. I'm not a very self confident person so this really hurt me. Hearing my faults out of spite and hate is a horrible feeling.

Being overweight has made me "fit in" but it's affecting my well being, my body is deteriorating and I'm worried about these cons over the pros. I want to lose weight but I'm so worried about the things that come with it. I've been there and I don't know if I want to go back.

I would love some feedback and suggestions on this. I don't know what to do in this situation and would feel better to hear from you and whether or not I can, and how, I can shake this off.

submitted by /u/bougiebluejay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/gWvMpNC

No comments:

Post a Comment