Friday, February 3, 2023

Down 39 & no longer obese!!

Nearly 6 months ago, I posted for the first time while at my lowest and most miserable. I posted to get it off my chest and out into the universe, as well as to hold myself accountable. These posts are the first, and likely the only time I’ll ever acknowledge how much I let myself go. 6 months ago, I was obese at 5’2” and 199 lb. Today, I weigh in at 160 lb. Not only have I lost 39 lb, which is the most I’ve ever lost (or needed to) before, but I’m officially overweight! I never imagined living in a timeline where I’d be ECSTATIC to be overweight, but here we are! For the first time in over 2.5 years, I am overweight!!!

I’m a little more than halfway to my GW of 125. In another 6 months or so, I hope to at least be at a “healthy weight.” It took 3 children and several years to put on the weight, so I know and accept that losing it will take tremendous time, effort, and patience. I am preparing for the weight loss to slow down, plateau even; I know it’s easier to lose at first/when you have more to lose. As I approach this point, please share your experience, advice, guidance and/or wisdom on how I can stay motivated and not get discouraged. I’ll be riding this high for awhile, but I know it will start getting to me if/when it feels like the progress is waning, so I want to start preparing for that now!

I still have a long way to go, don’t have much of a plan, and I certainly don’t have any method or strategy to swear by…this is all just my two cents; take it with a grain of salt, and do with it what you will (or won’t). For what it’s worth, wherever you may be at in your journey, even if you’re still mustering the will to START, please know you can do it and that you’re worth it. I am fully aware that my “journey” thus far is small potatoes, but any progress you’re able to make is such a gift to yourself, even if it’s just getting started. 6 months ago, I looked like shit, sure, but I felt even worse. I was ready to give up and let the chips fall where they may. I made a post at 190 lb, but I got up to 199 before I stopped wallowing. Something about being so close to 200…it broke me. Whatever that point is for you, when it’s down to give up or get started, please don’t give up!! I still don’t look my best, and I have a long way to go before I do, but I FEEL so much better, physically & emotionally. Even if I never lose another pound, what I’ve gained is immeasurable. It sounds cheesy typing it out like that, but I swear it’s true.

If you read this far, thanks for listening! 💕

submitted by /u/thisbekels
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cKiNQaq

No comments:

Post a Comment