Thursday, February 2, 2023

Just hit healthy BMI for the first time in 10 years

It's been a while. Today I woke up, got on the scale, and saw a number I was really excited about!

Today was also the first time since middle school of being able to wear any S sized shirt.

Inputting the numbers into the BMI formula and.. 24.8. Not ideal, but I'm getting there. Huge victory for me. Just 4 months ago that number was at 30.5.

I lost 14 kg (84 -> 70) since October by doing intermittent fasting (OMAD usually, sometimes 2 meals) to control my hunger and kept my calories around/below 1200. Dropped all sugary drinks, and all snacks. Been learning certain tricks that weren't so obvious to me at first e.g. putting the ingredients I cook on the scale rather than the prepared plate so that my tracking is more accurate. I've also cut down on some calorie heavy foods in my diet like white bread (Pita bread is too tempting...) and hummus, replaced them with alternatives that I can enjoy just as much if not more such as tortillas and any other pastry. Started cooking my own food after getting over my kitchen fears due to an accident 14 years ago that got me burns all over my body.

I have 10 more kilograms to go until I hit my initial goal, although seeing how great and quick my progress was - I've been contemplating whether I should shift the goal to 5 kg under that. But perhaps I will have to measure my body fat percentage after hitting my initial weight goal before making such a decision or choosing to maintain.

I'm aware I've been rushing it way too quickly but I think I'm managing. Fortunately I WFH so I don't need to be so energetic.

Still not 100% happy with my body which makes sense because I look at myself in the mirror daily. But even earlier into the weight loss journey I've had family ask me "have you gotten thinner?" :) so that's awesome.

That's all. Just wanted to share my progress so far and maybe even post progress pics once I hit my go

submitted by /u/170cm_bullied
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pGqZQ5s

No comments:

Post a Comment