Sunday, February 5, 2023

For those of you who can’t do moderation, have you just decided to abstain from unhealthy foods forever?

I’m starting to realize I’m not the type of person who can do moderation. The second sugar, fat or carb heavy foods hit my system all bets are out the door. A donut could turn into a month-long binge if I’m not especially careful. But, if I can abstain for a few days, I can usually build up a tolerance that lasts a while . It almost feels like I’ll need to give up on anything too indulgent, food-wise. This might be able to work for me in the short term as I focus on weight loss. But, once I hit my ideal weight range and am looking to maintain, I’m unsure I can integrate these types of foods back into my diet if moderation has shown to not work for me.

Curious, for those of you now at your goal weight, who have kept it off, and aren’t really into moderation, how has long-term weight maintenance been for you and have you decided to abstain from indulgent / unhealthy / “junk” foods forever?

submitted by /u/MintGrapefruit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uHQf5hA

No comments:

Post a Comment