Sunday, February 5, 2023

I lost 10kg and gained back 17kg. Now I'm back on track to lose it all.

Typing on my phone, I apologize in advance for any formatting errors.

Three years ago at the start of the pandemic I (24f) managed to lose 10kg from my then SW of 83kg to 73kg. In the following summer my grandpa passed away from COVID complications and I momentarily stopped counting my calories and doing my daily workouts to grieve.

it turned out to be much harder to get back on track than I thought. The following two years were full of half baked attempts at getting back into the mindset and starting anew. During that time period I gained back all the weight I had lost plus some more. I was now at my heighest weight at 90kg.

I had never felt so miserable in my entire life. I struggle with depression and anxiety disorder since my teenage years and am currently in the process of getting an ADHD diagnosis. Gaining so much weight, noticing that my clothes don't fit anymore and that my mobility got worse really put me in a horrible state of mind.

Maybe that is the reason I managed to attempt another start to my weight loss journey. I'm not sure what it was, but this time i managed to stick to my resolutions again and I have since lost 4kg. It's not much, but it's more than I have managed to lose during the last two years, so I'm proud of how far I've come. I hope to lose all the weight I gained back and finally reach my goal weight of 65kg.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/lunetsoleil
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lqYJgie

No comments:

Post a Comment