Monday, February 6, 2023

How to pursue exercise while sticking to diet

Hello! I'm 33 M, 240 lbs, 6 ft. I'm about 3 weeks into a CICO journey where i've been aiming for around 2200 calories a day. In past diet cycles, I have struggled with adding exercise to a diet without overeating to compensate for my decreased energy after the workout.

I typically run for exercise, but when I am watching what I eat I tend to run out of energy to run and hardly get decent distance in. I've also gone through cycles of weight training during diets, but that also can be quite draining on top of the drain of restricting calories and I worry about maintaining a longer diet cycle if I crash on adding too strong of exercise. While I figure out my best path forward, I've just been aiming for longer walks with the dog to keep moving.

Just wondering how others cope with the struggles of keeping restricted calories and trying to add exercise without crashing and burning on your plan. Should I increase my calorie intake my a small margin to support exercise? Is it ok for me just to keep walks and mediocre runs going while I diet to support a longer weight loss journey? Any stories/advice?

submitted by /u/cyanoborg
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Xw0NsPF

No comments:

Post a Comment