Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Start of my weight loss journey + First month's progress.

Uh, I don't use reddit often and only joined last December so apologies if this if formatted weird.

TLDR; My weight loss since the start of the year is 21lbs/9.5kg, going from 318lbs/144kg to 297lbs/134.7kg.

17F, 5'6. I'm graduating high school this year, and I'm starting to take initiative on getting my weight (~318lbs/144kg) under control. I've struggled with binge eating since I was a preteen, and it seemed every effort I made to try and lose weight would result in me just gaining it all back. My mental health was awful last year, I completely stopped taking my medication for my ADHD and depression, and neglected every part of my health.

A doctor's trip during December ended up with me being diagnosed me as prediabetic, but I still have the chance to turn that around before it gets serious. My new year's resolution was the same as most people: Lose weight. I don't know what snapped in me, but I was pretty hell bent on getting my shit together. I started taking my medication again, and stopped laying in bed all day. I got up and started making myself real meals instead of eating hoards of junk food and drinking soda. I looked up nutritional information, started counting calories and went pretty heavy on exercise. Or, well, walking. I spent a good majority of my days just walking outside. I was outside walking for about 5/6 hours a day. I spent most of that time calling my boyfriend and chatting about the latest news on our favorite games, movies, TV shows, ECT. If I wasn't on the phone with my boyfriend, or another one of my friends, I'd be listening to a podcast on Spotify.

I stepped on a scale for the first time in a week, I hadn't checked it in a while and just focused on keeping my routine in-tact. I was pretty shocked to see I had dropped down to 297lbs, it was the first time in almost a year that I had been under 300lbs. Most people say you don't really notice your weight loss this early, but even with 21lbs my face looks much, much slimmer. I feel more energetic all around, and my favorite pair of pants is already growing looser on me.

I just feel so much better, and healthier. I'm really proud of the progress I've made and I want to share it with other people.

submitted by /u/honeysucklewishes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/KtUMabP

No comments:

Post a Comment