Monday, February 6, 2023

Stuck in a plateau at 1300 a day

Lost about 35/40 pounds since July of 2022, with (ideally) 15 more to go. I had a mental health crisis at the end of the year and stopped CICO’ing from mid December until the second week of January. I quickly dropped the 7 pounds I gained during that time (probably water weight?) and haven’t lost any weight since then.

I’m only supposed to be consuming 1300 calories a day, but one some days it goes up to 1400. Most of my weight loss journey has been imperfect, with some days higher and some days lower, and I still lost weight pretty consistently before this happened.

I’m very worried that having lost this weight and in eating so few calories, my metabolism is suffering. I don’t think, for my lifestyle, that I could possibly go any lower than I already do. If that reflects poor discipline, so be it, but I’m eating as little as I possibly can and the scale hasn’t moved in a month. In full honesty I had a heavy binge day a week ago, but am trying to find other coping mechanisms for my calorie limit.

I’ve thought about reverse dieting, but know that this isn’t scientifically proven. I’ve heard on here that some people break a plateau by going back to maintenance for a while, or just sticking it out, or increasing exercise. Does anyone have any tips that could help?

submitted by /u/lakecitylocal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nzAc52q

No comments:

Post a Comment