Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Dieting healthily since November, but I feel like I'm fighting hunger every day. Is this normal? 24F

Hi all,

I've been a serious binge eater my whole life - I was satisfied once I was so full that I felt ill, and at my heaviest, I was around 136kg/300lbs.

In 2020 I followed a very strict keto diet and lost around 35kg/77lbs in 9 months and then stalled. Between 2021 and 2022 I managed to gain almost all the weight back. Following this diet, I discovered that I might be suffering from orthorexia but I feel like I've had it under control this time around.

Since November I'm aiming for around 1900-2000 calories a day based on my TDEE, I volume eat as much as I can and I hit around 140g of protein a day. I recently added a light workout routine into my schedule as well. Due to my suspected orthorexia, I allow myself everything within moderation, and I allow myself a couple of days, not necessarily a weekend, to eat food that I usually wouldn't eat such as takeout, cheese-heavy meals, a bit more chocolate than usual or the occasional birthday cake but I make sure that I don't binge.

This has been working for me well, and since November I lost around 12kg/25lbs.

TLDR; I'm following a diet that I consider healthy which allows for a steady weight loss, however, I feel like every day I'm fighting hunger and I don't know whether this is normal. Is it actually hunger that I'm feeling or is it my binge cravings/urges or something else? I've been managing okay since November but I'm worried that I'll hit a breaking point where I can't stand it anymore.

submitted by /u/lia_may112
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UOuqHyx

No comments:

Post a Comment