Tuesday, March 7, 2023

embarrassment

I'm down 57 lbs and have felt good about my progress, but was absolutely humiliated today when I couldn't fit into a harness for rock climbing. I climbed once before when I was like 20 lbs heavier at a different location (had more range in harness size, evidently), but have a fear of heights so I wanted to give it another go. Went with a friend today and just couldn't quite get it to fit. Left and cried. I feel pathetic. Even with all the work I've put into weight loss, being reminded of how weird and unusual I am compared to the average person just hurts. I'd never admit this irl - I'm pretty stoic / flippant about most things on the outside... I don't like to let my friends know what bothers me. I just wanted to tell someone who would understand :(

submitted by /u/Ladderbabby
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/l8RjmdE

No comments:

Post a Comment