Saturday, March 4, 2023

I think I broke my metabolism and I’m not sure how to proceed.

I know, I know…. Everyone thinks their metabolism is broken but they really just need to eat less / move more. HOWEVER. I stopped getting my period for almost 7 months while I was cycling 3x a week, walking 2-4 miles 4x a week, and lifting at home 3x a week. I’ve NEVER been underweight, so it’s not a low body fat issue. That’s clearly a sign of metabolic dysfunction right!?

Anyway. My cycle has been restored but is incredibly long still (40+ days) and I want to lose weight. I no longer do the cycling classes, but I still walk / lift at home. No matter what Ive eaten over the years (I’ve done WFPB, Mediterranean, keto, etc) I’ve never been able to lose weight, only maintain. I’ve started seriously tracking my calories and every day I’ve hit my calorie goal as determined by a TDEE for three weeks and I haven’t lost weight (5’8 225lbs female) OR inches. I know it’s only been a few weeks, but it’s still discouraging.

I’ve been focusing on adding more protein (I aim for a minimum of 100g a day now!) but I’m so lost as to what to do. Some trainers says cut more calories until you see weight loss, others say eat more and lift more.

submitted by /u/CreditDramatic5912
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hIFUwcQ

No comments:

Post a Comment