Thursday, March 2, 2023

my body dysmorphia reversed?

when i was at my heaviest weight, i knew i was fat, but i was in denial about how fat i actually was. i avoided taking pictures of myself and looking at my full body in an attempt to ignore it. i didn't see myself as as big as i actually was, in my mind's eye i just looked kinda chubby, but then someone else would take a pic of me and i'd be smacked in the face with reality. you know, the "holy shit, is that really how other people see me??"

now, after having lost the weight, it's become the opposite. i look in the mirror and still see a fat girl. it doesn't matter that i can see the evidence of the weight loss on the scale, in the way my clothes fit, and in the comments from other people - i still perceive myself as fat in everyday life. the picture rule still holds true though; my sister will send me snapchats she takes of me when i'm not looking, and every time i'm like "wtf that's not what i look like!"

who else has experienced this? does it ever get any better?

submitted by /u/addi-ction
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CVv4kPl

No comments:

Post a Comment