Thursday, March 2, 2023

[Beginner] Dumbbell only workout OR Cardio for weight loss. Help!

I'm 28 (Male), 6'0 and weigh 250 lbs. so basically I'm obese. I had gym subscription but due to long distance it is extremely difficult for me to travel. Eventually the subscription ended. So, I was thinking if I could buy a set of dumbbells with an adjustable bench and start working out at my apartment. I am planning to workout 5 days in a week (with only dumbbells focusing on chest, back, should, biceps/triceps and legs) with a daily intake of 1800 calories. Additionally I'd add some mild cardio exercises (like jumping jacks) to the routine. Does it sounds like a decent plan? Need some advice on this.

Today I had a discussion about the same topic with my friend and he is not advising me to lift weights and instead telling me to focus on cardio. He says when you're obese, you shouldn't lift weights in the beginning because it will create muscle under the fat. But as far as I know, lifting weights does burn calories and cardio doesn't helps you in gaining muscle. I'm confused so it would be great if someone could shed a light on this topic. What should I do? Is he right?

Should I get the dumbbell set and start lifting weights? or should I focus on cardio (as suggested by my friend) ? - with the daily intake of 1800 calories either way.

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/MellowAmoeba
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/g69sutH

No comments:

Post a Comment