Sunday, March 5, 2023

[Question] Is it normal for weight loss to get harder as you reach 30% b.f.?

Over the past 2 years I've lost a ton of weight and put on a fair bit of muscle, going from >50% body fat to around 30-32%. However, for the last month I've started to hit a plateau. I've been training harder, and as a result feeling hungrier a lot easier; I haven't tracked calories for a while I lost weight mostly by sticking to leaner meat, fruits, and veg.

This approach worked very well for me, and I was able to see an improvement (weight loss and muscle gain) without tracking calories, so long as I got my protein and ate lean. However, for the past month I've hit a plateau at 30-32% body fat.

How should I go about re-evaluating my plan? I'd prefer to avoid counting calories on an app, as I feel it feels far less sustainable in the long term. Should I use it briefly again just to get my bearings? Is it normal to hit a plateau at this range, and is there a different approach that should be taken at 30% b.f.?

submitted by /u/AdminsSuckMyToes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/mELjBQY

No comments:

Post a Comment