Tuesday, August 13, 2024

-10lb. I didn't realize I'd been doing this for an entire month until I checked the date ??

I've made and deleted a couple posts about the start of my weight loss on this subreddit, mostly from either self consciousness or overall just not knowing what to even say. My journey is uniquely mine with its own challenges that others might not face or find very trivial by comparison, so it's been really hard for me to broach the subject of weight loss. For the past month, I have basically done it all on my own with no community of any sort - besides YouTube videos and lurking here. My parents have an idea of what I'm doing because of my health decisions and the fact my father and I go to the gym together, but besides that I don't have any other friends who are also going through this process, and none who have gone through it in the past. Basically I'm kind of alone in that sense lol

However, I do have some really great news, and I wanted to share that with you all today! I checked the scale today, and I had a big "whoosh" (Is that what it's called?) from 309 to 305.4, meaning I have officially lost my first 10lbs - and technically a little bit more than that! What's insane is that I've been going at this week to week, comparing the start of my week to the end of my week and nothing more, not paying any mind to how long I've actually been doing it for. So, when I checked my Samsung Health app and saw that my caloric deficit started nearly a month ago, I was in awe - I had just pushed through an entire month of a caloric deficit, I didn't restrict what types of food I've been eating (However I've been trying to do anything I can to put more protein and vegetables in my diet), and considering my height and starting weight, I'm comfortably able to have about a -1000 calorie deficit and not feel any loss of energy, performance in the gym, or anything. If I do, I will 100% try and insert a couple days of maintenance to keep myself sane, I wouldn't push through something uncomfortable just to ruin myself in the process.

Over that time though, I have almost completely undone my preconceptions about myself and started to see things in a new perspective! I used to think I was destined to be this weight, and I could never be thin and that I was just genetically "inferior" to people who were thin - In a way it is true from a mental standpoint, my relationship with food and the way I experience hunger was/is very strange and I often had no self control when it came to eating. What's weird though is I would never feel "full", only bloated when I started to eat way too much (Probably how I got to this point in the first place), but conversely I have also never felt real hunger. Even now, I still have to eat based on pure math/logic, and not based on signals from my body. I kinda have none. Regardless, this has been an incredible journey and I'm so happy. Regardless of how little change in the mirror I've seen this month (I know allll about the paper towel effect), I know I have at least 11 months more of this to go until I hit a healthy BMI, and until then I'm going to do it strictly for the love of the game, and not to rush straight to the finish line. I've felt so much better since starting mentally, and physically.

I don't know why or how I got the motivation to start (I seriously just got up and started doing it after a lifetime of asking why I haven't yet) and I haven't stopped. It was like a lightbulb just turned on in my mind, like some sort of divine inspiration lol. But if you can help it, please don't wait for a massive mindset shift and try and create that within yourself. I wish I had done this 5-6 years ago before it became a problem. Especially since I've been on hormones for 3 years now, and now that I have female hormones it is marginally harder to lose the weight I've gained now + retain the muscle by working out in the gym. But I won't let that stop me!

Have a great day everyone! And I hope to check in with you when I've hit yet another new milestone 💖

submitted by /u/Burssty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/duJeiGD

No comments:

Post a Comment