Saturday, August 17, 2024

Is losing 1-2lb a week at 361lbs good or should I go faster?

So I’ve been on this journey for two years. I started off at 500lbs and am down To 361lbs currently after two years. I only just started tracking calories after going through a year of hovering from around 374lbs down to 361lbs. I wasn’t calorie tracking in the last year and therefore I think I didn’t lose anywhere near as much as I probably could have.

I only just started tracking calories recently and what I’ve noticed is both on the scales and in myfitnesspal I’m averaging out to 1lbs or just over 1lbs lost a week.

Currently my TDEE works out to 3100 cal. I’m averaging about 2500-2800 cal a day. I walk at least 15k steps every day (about 7km) and Gym it at least 4-5 days a week for an hour or so.

At 361lbs, is losing just over 1lbs a week considered good? Or should I be aiming to drop the calories even lower. Say aim for 2000cal a day.

I don’t know, maybe this is just me being too hard on myself. Lord knows based on other posts I’ve made I am WAY too hard on myself at times. I just see other people around me in the same weight range losing 4lbs in a week meanwhile for me, I see it fluctuate up and down and usually by the end of the week it seems to level down at just over 1lbs a week

And then I get down on myself thinking I’m not as good as others because I barely lost anything in a week by comparison and I think I should be melting it off at my size. At least that is my negative thought. It’s not a good way to look at this, I know. But it’s so hard not to compare yourself when social media shoves every weight loss journey in your face.

Good for those people btw, don’t get me wrong. I’m always happy to see people succeeding. But it does sometimes make me wonder “does that make me a failure because I’m barely losing over 1lbs a week and everyone else is killing it and doing it in half the time.”

I know, it’s a really bad mindset and it’s something I’m still trying to break as I continue to focus on me. I know comparison robs you of your joy. But fuck it’s hard not to compare when social shoves it in your face.

submitted by /u/danmann8611
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/sjcuqzx

No comments:

Post a Comment