Saturday, August 31, 2024

It’s been 3 years since I first started my weight loss journey

SW: 175, CW: 145, 35 y/o, qfemale, 5’ 6.5”, body type: athletic (used to think I was curvy!)

Holy cow, I can’t believe it’s been 3 years since I joined this community. I’m SO happy with my progress. I’m at my ideal weight, and now I’m no longer focused on losing but maintaining and gaining muscle tone/shaping my body via exercise. I plateaued about a year ago, and have been a consistent weight since then. I lost a bit of roundness to my face, and people actually think I’ve gotten taller (lol). There’s some loose skin around my abdomen but it doesn’t bother me that much, I’m just thankful that I did something positive for myself. I fluctuate about +- 5 pounds when I go on vacation. I aim to exercise 3 times a week and focus on weight lifting, I eat about 1,600 calories a day. I walk an average of about 8,000 steps per day. I live in New York and prioritized biking or walking to work more than taking Ubers or the subway.

The most important detail I can share is that I have completely changed my mindset about food, what a “meal” is, what I like has shifted drastically. I actually crave healthy things, BUT if I go on vacation and over indulge on carbs and sugar I do find myself slipping back. Just 2-3 days off sugar and carbs brings me back to normal levels with less brain fog and cravings. :) just sharing here in case my journey is helpful for others! It does get easier!

submitted by /u/Affectionate-Rub-271
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QZDxnSl

No comments:

Post a Comment