Tuesday, August 6, 2024

No Point in Feeling Guilty

I think one of the things I’ve learned from food is mainly that food is JUST an object, something that shouldn’t have control over me and doesn’t have control over my life and/or actions.

If I eat more than my calorie intake for the day, I let it go because I know there’s no point on holding onto it. I don’t say I binged, because honestly I believe maybe my body just needed more food for today or whenever the consumption happened. I don’t let it affect the next day- I continue as if it never happened, or like no progress has been lost because really, none has.

For me there is no point in sitting on it and being so angry that oh god, I ate more than my calorie deficit allowed. That was the same mentality that had me constantly hitting restart, restart, restart.

That quote about how you didn’t gain the weight overnight, so you can’t lose it overnight goes the same this way- you won’t gain the weight back just because you had one day of overeating. One day of overconsumption isn’t going to throw me completely off track- it was just another day, and really I’m unlikely to gain anything even if I eat 3,000 calories. Also, realistically, once my weight has shed I’ll keep in the same deficit but I’m not going to go to events as a skinny person and think hm! I can’t have a bite of this because it might go over my calorie intake.

For me, there is no point in feeling guilty. It ruins my day and my mind to sit and think about how I could’ve done better. Instead, I just let it pass and get back on track. Yesterday I binged and today I was ✨back on track✨, cal deficit and all, in fact a little less because I fasted a bit lol. I just don’t believe in shaming myself anymore, and it has helped me to keep positive and actually stop myself from overindulgence. Life isn’t a straight line and in such neither is weight loss or the human body.

submitted by /u/tryingtryingtry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JfVeg4p

No comments:

Post a Comment