Saturday, August 3, 2024

superstuck / strategy / medical conditions to check?

Hello,

startet in april ~93.5kg / 20% bodyfat (hydrated) and a total goal of ~81kg (dry).

4-5 Months of an easy 600-700kcal should do the job with a week of break in beteen

I strength train 6x a week upper/lower and walk ~14k steps/day on average. Cardio ~1 time a week but only 15mins / 150 bpm

strength training

Focusing on compound lift including olypic lifts 3x upper 3x lower a week

Strength currently is: Bench 110kg x 3 / Squat 145kg x 3 / Deadlift 170kg x 3

Strength at 93kg in my peak was: Bench 118kg x 5 / Squat 160kg x 5 / Deadlift 182kg x 5

Weightloss "Journey"

I startet off with 2300kcal which is quite comfy for me with 180g protein. Barely movement on the scale

End of Mai i was at approximately ~90kg. 3.5kg in two months quite dissapointing given the fact that one looses some water in the beginning -> down to 2100kcal

90kg persistet during almost whole of June, barely any movement. I decided to give Keto a chance and removed carbs entirely for 3 weeks. I tested myself with these urine strips and was indeed in ketosis.

I dropped from 90kg to 87.5kg in the first week, which imo is mostly water. Weight stalled for 2 weeks and i stopped keto (its end of june/ begin of july) and continued to cut normally with slightly lower calories again (not regaining water at least, thank god, so there was some fatloss after all)

Two weeks no weight loss at 2000kcal.

I did a week of diet brake and went up to 3000kcal / day -> 88.5kg at retrying to diet -> new calories 1800kcal

Two weeks no weight loss, just lost some initial water -> still sitting at 87.5kg (dry) on average ...

Diet

Flexible, 3x 50-60g protein a 400-600kcal with an sugary beverage pre workout. Everything tracked including butter in the pan and what not. I do admitt that i probably could improve on micronutritiens (from food, i do supplement it). For breakfast and lunch i rely mostly on meal-replacement stuff and or shakes with simple grain-flakes. I only cook dinner fresh (mostly red meat, potatoes/bread and vegs)

Conclusion

I dont know what to do any more, i dont see obvious reasons not to lose weight at a reasonable rate. Anyone else doing that regime would probably lose 1 kg per week ...

I do have a medical condition and have to take thyroid hormones which are adjusted well to the upper end of normal range

Im now at point where i start to believe maybe some other medical condition is holding me back, but cant think of any except for low(er) testosterone. I did a semi successfull weight cut last year where i powered though for almost a year down to 81kg (-10kg) before starting a bulk. Back then i had my testosterone checked because i had problems as well. It was ~350ng/dl. Lower end of range imo (for my lifestyle) but my doc said its ok. I was hoping that after a proper bulk this maybe normalizes if it was indueced to diet.

I dont smoke, drink alcohol or take other drugs and sleep 7h+ a day and my stress levels are fairly low (easy and well paid office job)

I looking forward in consulting an other doc and would like some input in what to check for

Im also greatfull for any advice and/or soothing input :(

Im not one of these "i cant lose weight" thermodynamics denier it just seems my body burns a 400-500kcal too little and i certainly are not willing to hop on 1300kcal intake...

tl:dr so im really stuck on these 87.5kg and the whole process feels like driving with the handbrakes on. What are some

submitted by /u/ankn92
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dB72cmr

No comments:

Post a Comment