Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Tips for sneaky protein?

I don't track macros religiously, but since getting more serious about my fitness and weight loss, I know it would behoove me to consume more protein. And you'd think this would be easy! I eat plenty of chicken, fish, tofu, legumes, dairy, nuts. I've never had an issue with inserting some form of clean lean protein into my lunches and dinners. But since cutting down calories and putting a bit more emphasis on healthy carbohydrates to fuel my workouts, it feels reeeeaaaally hard to fit in 100+ grams per day.

I know that the simple solution would be to make protein shakes, eat protein bars, or replace the bun of my turkey burger with more turkey, but my conundrum is ultimately that I don't want to do that. I think food is the best. I obviously love to eat, and while that has gotten me into this situation of needing to lose weight, I have no interest in making eating less enjoyable. And to me, spending 20% of my daily calories on a chalky protein "milk" is one of those things that could take this weight loss plan from manageable and empowering to just miserable. If I was still consuming 2500 cals on the daily? Sure. But at 1800? Nooo!

Anyway...I guess my question here is how do I sneak in more protein and keep eating things that are clean, enjoyable, and compatible with a deficit? Is it possible? Am I overthinking? Any and all tips are welcome.

submitted by /u/bigsweetieenergy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/29LKkaP

No comments:

Post a Comment