Saturday, August 3, 2024

Daily Progress Pictures vs. Daily Weigh-Ins

In the process of doing 75 Hard for the first time (11 days left!), I have to take a progress picture in the mirror every single day. I have them all saved to my "Progress" album on my phone, so that I can look back when it's all over and see how my body has changed. Alongside that, I'm doing weekly weigh-ins to monitor my weight loss, in general.

For some reason, even though I'm not yet physically where I'd like to be, the idea of a daily progress picture is less intimidating to me than a daily weigh-in. I feel like when I am standing in front of a mirror, I'm just looking at the bill of goods for the day, period. I'm not weighing-in daily because I think that there's still some work for me to do regarding the number on the scale and the value I attribute to that. Years of childhood / teenage dieting, comments on my appearance and weight, and just coming from a family of dieters has a lot to do with that, but reading about people's journeys on this sub makes me feel like it doesn't have to be this way forever for me.

I'm curious: what is your preferred method of tracking progress, and how often do you do it? Do you feel like one vs. the other is easier for you (pictures vs. weigh-ins)? If you were nervous about getting on the scale daily, how did you overcome that?

submitted by /u/curioussox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1EAPDtY

No comments:

Post a Comment