Tuesday, August 6, 2024

6’3 23M Down 50lbs, but having some image adjustment issues..

Hey yall, I’ve started my weight loss journey back in January! I was at my heaviest in decent after Christmas, (I hear it’s common to gain a bunch around holidays) weighing in at 278lbs.

During my teen years I was really skinny due to a battle with stimulant addiction, and at my lowest weighed in at 170, and thankfully with amazing support, and a lot of patience from people who care about me, I was able to get out of it.

I replaced my drug addiction with food, gained like 60 pounds in a few months, and eventually started to slow my weight gain, but not stop it.

The relevance of my weigh fluctuation is that at one point, being skinny, I was able to wear clothes that properly fit me, hugged my mid section, and I felt comfortable in it. Now that I’ve lost weight healthily, look better than I did when I was a ghoul, (that’s what I call myself when I see old photos during my bad days) I am wearing clothes that fit, but I feel as though I still look fat, because I can feel the material on my body, and when I look in the mirror, I am still bigger than I was back than. I haven’t hit my goal weight yet, I’d like to lose another 15-20, but I wonder if the self image issues will go away, or will I feel like this even when I reach my goal?

Have you guys struggled with something similar? What helped? (Sorry if I worded this badly, or if it was dragged, I tend to ramble even in text formats 😂)

submitted by /u/-Bash249
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZA4xXyL

No comments:

Post a Comment