Friday, August 16, 2024

I don’t know how to stop my binge-eating disorder.

(Before you read, please note that I’m an English learner, so kindly forgive any spelling errors.)

I’m 22F, and I can’t stop thinking about dieting. Back in the day, I was a perfectly normal size, but I thought I was fat. So I started dieting, and I haven’t stopped since. It’s a recurring issue for me.

As time goes on, my obsession with dieting has become more and more negative. Three years ago, I lost about 60 lbs, but a year later (in 2021), I gained back over 88 lbs. So, I went on another diet and lost about 88 lbs in 6 months. But now, I’ve gained the weight back, and I'm currently over 220 lbs. I feel like I’m getting worse and worse since I started dieting. What’s wrong with me? I think the way I diet is effective for short-term weight loss, but it’s not sustainable. During my diet, I eat only about 700-800 calories a day and work out for at least 2 hours daily. I know it’s too hard on my body.

Now, I can’t stop eating. I feel insecure all the time. I keep trying to diet and even succeed for a while, but then I fail again and again. Lately, I’m afraid to go outside. I’ve also tried diet pills and fat-dissolving injections, but they haven’t worked. As an Asian woman, it’s especially hard because all my friends are so skinny, and it’s difficult to find clothes in bigger sizes in my country. Sometimes, I feel like society rejects me because of my size.

Anyway, I don’t have the energy to go on another diet, but ironically, I STILL want to lose weight. What should I do now? Can anybody give me some advice?

submitted by /u/espresso_j0805
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xW5hv9Q

No comments:

Post a Comment