Monday, August 26, 2024

Instead of worrying about loose skin...

I got mad about it. Like loads of people, I was frustrated at the idea of doing all this work, to only end up with loose skin to try and get rid of in the end.

And then something clicked in my brain. Maybe I will have loose skin...but I've got other things I need to get rid of now. Sooooo many more things, that the balance scale of loose skin vs all my other issues, was comically lopsided.

I thought to myself "You're worried about this one thing, when there are so many issues to deal with now?!" And it all just seemed silly then.

So, I made a list on a notes app on my phone, of things I can cross off/get rid of as I lose weight. Like:

-Getting winded walking more than half a mile

-Seatbelt buckle digging into my thigh in the car (seriously, I'm shaped like a pixar mom)

-Thigh wedgies when wearing shorts, iykyk

-Belly in the way/smashing the air out of my lungs when shaving my lady bits. Hygiene shouldn't feel like cardio damnit.

-Avoiding being in pictures/seeing friends

Everytime I get discouraged,or mad about some limitation or annoyance I'm dealing with because of my weight - it goes on the list. Some if the items have come from reading other peoples NSV posts.

I'll see something and go "I cannot wait to say that seeing my gut stick out further than my boobs isn't a problem for me anymore". And so I:

Add๐Ÿ‘it๐Ÿ‘to๐Ÿ‘the๐Ÿ‘list๐Ÿ‘

Because one day, Imma cross all that stuff off. Then there will be fewer things to worry about; so if loose skin does happen, I'll have room in my head to deal with it. The scale will be more balanced, if you will.

Listen folks...at the end of the day, many people here have encountered loose skin after weight loss. Most posts I see are people saying they'll take the loose skin over the weight anyway.

So maybe I won't have any. Maybe I will. If I do, I'll have my list to look back on as a plethora of reasons why some extra skin can't overshadow all the bad shit I'll have gotten rid of.

submitted by /u/QueenofNewVegas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QGsdJB2

No comments:

Post a Comment