Thursday, August 22, 2024

Encouraging Excerpt from Atomic Habits

Hey! I’m on a weight loss journey along with the rest of you all on this Lose It community. In an effort to keep on with my desired trajectory I started reading Atomic Habits (James Clear) and have absolutely loved his book to encourage me in this process of weight loss.

Today I was reading a section titled “goals restrict your happiness” and I wanted to share an excerpt here to encourage any of you who are in the grinding away process of working towards your goal weight / goal body / goal life.

Here is the quote from the book… let me know what you think of it and/or if you’ve read this book before and how it has impacted your fitness/diet/lifestyle journey! I’d love to chat about it.

“When you fall in love with the PROCESS rather than the PRODUCT, you don’t have to wait to give yourself permission to be happy. You can be satisfied anytime your system is running. And a system can be successful in many different forms, not just the one you first envisioned.”

Today I am still 15 pounds from my goal weight (the product I’ve set a goal towards) but my system is running so smoothly — tracking my deficit, going for walks, exercising daily! I have so much to be happy about in this hard process of losing weight & want to note my daily successes even if I haven’t yet reached my final goal :)

submitted by /u/NeighborhoodWalker
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FkaIhNb

No comments:

Post a Comment