Saturday, August 17, 2024

Feeling tired, should I take a maintenance break?

30F, 5'2", SW 177 lbs, CW 157 lbs, GW 135 lbs

Basically title. I've read that it's okay to stay in a (reasonable) daily deficit until you're underweight, but I'm curious if folks tend to feel more energized if they take the occasional maintenance break.

Here's my situation:

I've been in a daily deficit of ~500-600 calories since I started tracking 73 days ago. 20 lbs down (11% weight loss, yay!). Of those 73 days, I've only eaten over my TDEE twice.

Besides calories, I also track my macros and pretty much always hit my targets. I eat very little processed food, get at least 100 g of protein every day (a huge win as a vegetarian), and take a daily multivitamin specifically formulated for a plant-based diet. I also exercise about twice a week (usually rock climbing) and walk my dog around an hour every day. Sleep-wise, 7-8 hours is the nightly norm.

In terms of nutrition and lifestyle, I've done better these last few months than ever before. Maybe too much screen time, but I have a desk job and love to veg out with a good show or video game, so what can ya do.

Nevertheless, I've been feeling quite worn out for the last two weeks and can't figure out why. Maybe it's hormonal, but I'm wondering if it may be because my body needs a short maintenance break. Is that a thing? Or do you think I should just keep on truckin' and hope the fatigue sorts itself out? Or (perhaps counterintuitively) should I try to exercise more and see if that helps to invigorate? I'd love to hear some outside perspectives/experiences!

submitted by /u/gretchl3r
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UWgwYlq

No comments:

Post a Comment